Our clients understand that it makes a lot of sense to hire someone to help in an area where personal expertise is lacking, or illness prevents one’s ability to self-advocate. A Nurse Care Manager could make a big difference for you and your loved ones when it comes to navigating our complex healthcare system. Hiring an Nurse Care Manager does not have to be difficult. Nobody knows your situation better than you do. The following link offers you guidance on what to ask to establish if Nurse On Board if the right fit for you.
What does Advocacy mean for you?
- Establish a therapeutic, trusting and honest relationship with you
- Learn about your circumstances, health diagnosis and prognosis
- Identify your health and supportive care needs
- Accompany you to appointments to help address questions and concerns
- Help you understand your treatment options
- Explain the healthcare system and how it works
- Help you navigate the system and use its resources and professionals
- Anticipate and overcome barriers in the system
- Communicate the outcome of appointments with family members with your consent
- Research or review clinical trials you may be considering for advantages and disadvantages
- Write a media release should you have a story that is in the public interest to hear